Choosing the best food for a dog or cat’s needs is an important consideration that can play a big part in their long-term health, however it’s not the end of the story when it comes to their proper feeding.
How you feed your pet is an important complement to the food itself- here are a few tips for your pet to savour every moment during mealtime:
- Follow the feeding and transition guidelines on the pet food label and increase or decrease the amount you feed based on your pet’s activity level and weight.
- The type of feeding bowl or dish matters. Choose a durable, non-porous material that’s easy to clean, won’t hold bacteria and can’t be chewed by your pet.
- Use the right size dish for your pet to feed comfortably. For example, if your dog has a short snout, use a bowl with a sloped side, so it’s easier for them to get the food.
- Avoid using the pet’s feeding bowl as a scooping utensil. Use a clean, scoop or spoon that’s only used for this purpose.
- Wash pet food bowls and scooping utensils with soap and hot water after each use.
- Refrigerate or discard any uneaten wet or canned pet food right away.
“I was able to put Molly on NOW FRESH™ Grain Free Senior after getting information via e-mail from your very helpful staff…I know she is getting good nutrition with NOW FRESH™ Senior...her diabetes is stable and her pancreas has settled down…Molly is doing great! Thanks!”