The holiday season is upon us and what better way to celebrate than to make your own pet advent calendar for the furry members of your family. We originally came across this DIY project from Pretty Fluffy and thought it was the perfect way to experience the holiday season with your pet.
For each day of the countdown there is and simple and special activity that you can share with your cat or dog allowing both of you to enjoy every day of the holiday season. We tested it out ourselves (with Petcurean colours of course) and are giving this advent calendar two paws up! To make your own, check out the steps below.
What You’ll Need
- FREE Printout – DOWNLOAD HERE
- 4 x sheets of 8.5×11 (letter size) cardstock
- 4 x sheets of 8.5×11 (letter size) glitter paper (or one large sheet)
- 3 x sheets of tissue paper
- Hole punch
- Glue (wet or stick)
- Twine, ribbon, or ornament hooks
What To Do
- Print the Advent Calendar on the card stock and cut out each circle.
- Fringing: Lay out one piece of tissue paper flat, then fold once lengthwise, and then fold once widthwise, and fold once more widthwise. Start cutting fringes from open ends, leaving about 1cm apart and leaving about 5cm near the top fold uncut.
- Fringing: once fringes are cut, unfold. Cut once widthwise. Roll each piece of fringing , twisting in the middle, and then cut in half. Each sheet of tissue will make 8 pieces of fringing.
- Thread twisted end of fringing through open hole in your circles from the glitter side through to the text side, fold twisted end back over and affix to the back of the circle with tape or glue. Repeat for all circles.
- Glue each circle text side up onto glitter paper, and cut out each circle.
- Hole punch one hole near the top
- Attach to a twine, ribbon, or hook and hang!
“I was talking to the people at the local dog store and they suggested that I try NOW FRESH™ Grain Free and gave me a sample bag. His appetite is up, his coat looks amazing and he has even more energy at day care. We are so impressed with the food, thank you!”
- Carrie and Cliff