Did you know that your pet may have been experiencing food sensitivities without you realizing it? With food intolerances in pets on the rise, it is as important as ever for pet owners to be aware of the warning signs so they can monitor their cats and dogs closely and find solutions for improving their dietary health.
It is important to note that dogs and cats display food intolerances differently. Here are some of the common warning signs that your pet may be struggling with elements of their diet.
Food Intolerance Symptoms for Cats:
- Digestive upset, including vomiting and diarrhea
- Bloat and related symptoms, such as gas, may also be apparent
- Skin irritation, which is typically rare in cats, may also be a sign that your cat is intolerant to certain food ingredients
Food Intolerance Symptoms for Dogs:
- Excessive paw licking or chewing, with paws often turning red as a result
- Chronic or recurrent ear infections
- Fur loss may be visible
- Itching and rashes, especially around the dog’s face, feet, ears, forelegs or armpits
- Vomiting and diarrhea (which can develop over time, when feeding the same food, therefore should be closely monitored)
If your pet is experiencing any of the above symptoms, it could be a sign that they have a food intolerance. Switching the food they eat is often the best remedy. GO! SOLUTIONS SENSITIVITIES for dogs or cats is one option for pets with food sensitivities and specific dietary needs. Many of the recipes in the line use a single novel protein and contain prebiotics, probiotics and antioxidants, which will revitalize your pet and give their immune system a boost.
Knowing the warning signs is the first step towards understanding whether your pet is suffering from a food-related intolerance. Careful consideration of the food you feed your pet can help prevent unwanted food intolerances that can disrupt their digestive system.
“I was able to put Molly on NOW FRESH™ Grain Free Senior after getting information via e-mail from your very helpful staff…I know she is getting good nutrition with NOW FRESH™ Senior...her diabetes is stable and her pancreas has settled down…Molly is doing great! Thanks!”