Legal Terms & Conditions
Acceptance of Terms
Copyright, Limited License
All content on this Site, including but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, and digital downloads, are protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property laws and any unauthorized use of the Materials or services at this Site may violate such laws. All software used on this site is the property of Petcurean or their software suppliers. Except as expressly provided herein, Petcurean and its suppliers do not grant any express or implied right to you under any patents, copyrights, trademarks, or trade secret information with respect to the Materials and services.
Except as specifically permitted herein, no portion of the Materials may be reproduced in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of Petcurean.
Use of Site Information
Petcurean grants you a limited license to view, download and print the Materials subject to the following conditions:
- The Materials must be used solely for personal, informational, internal, and non-commercial purposes;
- The Materials must not be modified or altered in any way;
- The Materials must not be distributed; and
- You must not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the Materials;
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these conditions.
- Petcurean reserves the right to revoke the authorization to view, download and print the Materials at any time, and you must immediately discontinue any such use upon your receipt of written notice from Petcurean.
- The rights granted to you constitute a license and not a transfer of title.
- The rights specified above to view, download and print the Materials are not applicable to the design or layout of this Site.
Elements of this Site are protected by trade dress and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part.
Warranties & Disclaimers
Except as expressly provided otherwise in a written agreement between you and Petcurean, all materials on this site are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or the warranty of non-infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, Petcurean makes no warranty that (i) the services and materials will meet your requirements, (ii) the services and materials will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the services or materials will be effective, accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, materials, services, or information obtained by you from the site will meet your expectations. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or have limitations on how long an implied warranty may last, so the above limitations may not apply to you, in such jurisdictions, Petcurean’s liability shall be limited to the extent permissible by law.
Petcurean and their affiliates attempt to be accurate at all times. However, Petcurean does not warrant that materials, descriptions or other content of this site are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error free.
Petcurean may make changes to the materials and services at this site, including the descriptions of any products listed herein, at any time without notice. The materials or services at this site may be out of date, and Petcurean makes no commitment to update such materials or services.
In no event shall Petcurean or its suppliers be liable to you or any third party for any special, punitive, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether or not Petcurean has been advised of the possibility of such damages, and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the use of or inability to use this site or of any web site referenced or linked to from this site. Some jurisdictions prohibit the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
Petcurean has not reviewed all of the websites linked to this Site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked website. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Petcurean of the website. Use of any such website is at your own risk.
Not Veterinary Medicine
The Materials are provided for your information and educational purposes only. The Materials are not meant to take the place of the advice of your pet’s veterinarian. We cannot examine your pet and/or give you veterinary advice. Only veterinarians who examine your pet can give you veterinary advice or diagnose your pet’s medical problem. Your reliance on the Materials and information you receive from Petcurean is solely at your own risk. If your pet has a specific health problem, contact your veterinarian.
This Site can be accessed from other countries around the world and may contain references to Petcurean products, services, and programs that have not been announced in your country. These references do not imply that Petcurean intends to announce such products, services or programs in your country.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
This Site (excluding linked sites) is controlled by Petcurean from its offices within the Province of British Columbia, Canada. By accessing this Site, you and Petcurean agree that all matters relating to your access to, or use of, this Site shall be governed by the statutes and laws of the Province of British Columbia, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof. Petcurean makes no representation that Materials or Services available on this Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
The trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on this Site are the property of Petcurean or other third parties. You are not permitted to use the Marks without the prior written consent of Petcurean or such third party which may own the Marks.
Your Petcurean Story Contest Terms and Conditions
No purchase necessary. An Entrant may enter the contest as many times as they wish during the promotional period. The contest promotional period is from July 31 at 3:00PM to Aug 31 at 11:00PM, 2018. Your personal information is collected in accordance with British Columbia’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to administer this contest. Your information will not be sold, shared with third parties, or used for soliciting purposes. By submitting your video to the Your Petcurean Story Contest, you grant Petcurean Pet Nutrition irrevocable and unrestricted rights to use, edit and publish all or part of your video for editorial, trade, advertising, social media and any other purpose including third party screening, in perpetuity.
- No purchase necessary
- Selected Entrant must have complied with all Contest Conditions and submitted a video that follows the prescribed guideline.
- All non-winning, disqualified and/or winning entry videos and associated information will become the property of Petcurean
- Petcurean reserves the right to cancel or suspend this contest should viruses, bugs, or other causes beyond their control corrupt the administration, security, or proper play of this contest
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest is corrupted or adversely affected by reason of infection of computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause beyond its control, Petcurean reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, including cancelling any method of entry.
- Petcurean may at its sole discretion amend the Contest Conditions at any time. Decisions of Petcurean are final.
- Petcurean is not responsible for lost, misdirected, misplaced, incomplete, illegible or damaged entries, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, or entries submitted after the contest deadline.
- Petcurean is not responsible for telephone, technical, network, online, electronic, computer hardware or software failures, or congestion on the corporate website, of any kind.
- No cash or other substitution or transfer of the Prize is permitted, except that Petcurean reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value. All costs and expenses not specifically included above as part of any Prize, including, without limitation, any applicable taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- All prizes will be delivered in the form of coupons redeemable at a pet specialty retailer. Coupons are not redeemable with online retailers. Customer is responsible for tax on free product where applicable. Coupons will be pre-authorized for individual recipe and bag size specified by winners. There is no cash equivalent to any prize. All prizes must be accepted as awarded.
- Petcurean shall not be liable to the Winning Entrant nor to any other person for loss or damage to person, property, or computer resulting from or connected with participation in this contest, downloading any materials relating to this contest, or acts or omissions of Petcurean and/or the prize supplier.
- Neither Petcurean nor its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, or assigns shall be liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of the usage of a prize by any winner. Petcurean is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with any contest promoted by Petcurean.
- Petcurean, its authorized agents and/or representatives may collect, use, and disclose the personal information provided by each entrant at the time they enter the Contest for the purposes of administering the Contest, contacting potential winners and as otherwise permitted or required by law. By entering this Contest, each entrant expressly consents to the use of his/her personal information for such purposes.
- By accepting the Prize, each winner hereby further consents to Petcurean’s use, as determined in Petcurean’s sole discretion, of the winner’s name, city of residence, picture, biographical information, statements, voice and likeness for advertising and other promotional purposes, in any media or format, whether now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the Internet, at any time in perpetuity and worldwide, without further compensation or notice to any such winner.
- Petcurean reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from the Contest if Petcurean finds or reasonably believes such individual to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest and/or to be acting: (i) in violation of these Rules; (ii) in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or (iii) with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass anyone, including Petcurean and its employees. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual to automate the entry process or otherwise undermine the legitimate administration, security or operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Petcurean reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Entrants engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified and forfeit any Prizes won.
- If the winner does not respond to the notification within five (5) business days another winner will be chosen. Failure to respond within the time frame listed above shall mean that the provisional winner forfeits the prize.
- By submitting Materials to Petcurean, Entrants represent and warrant that the Materials do not infringe any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that Entrant have the full and unrestricted right to transfer the Materials to Petcurean free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
- Entrants acknowledge and agree that Petcurean shall have no obligation to post, display, or otherwise make publicly available any Materials submitted by Entrant.
- All Entrants and winners must be at least 18 years of age, unless otherwise stated or posted.
- Petcurean has the right to publish the name and location of the winner without remuneration.
QUALIFIED ENTRY AND ENTRANT
- A qualified entrant (Entrant) is someone who is a Canadian or US resident aged 18 years or over. Employees of Petcurean, its subsidiaries and affiliates, as well as family and household members of same who reside at the same address are not eligible.
- Entrant and Entry must meet all Contest Conditions as outlined below. Entry and/or Entrant not meeting Contest Conditions will be disqualified and prize will be forfeited.
- The Contest Period runs from when the Facebook and Instagram contest posts are released to the public until 11:00 pm on Aug 31, or on such other date and time as posted by Petcurean.
- To enter and be eligible to win, the Entrant must complete the entry form at Petcurean.com/YourPetcureanStory or YourPetcureanStory.com
- An Entrant may enter the contest multiple times during the promotional period.
- An Entrant can only win one prize.
- 1 winner and 9 runners up will be selected and announced on Sep 4 2018 or as soon as practical thereafter. The draw process is as follows:
- All entries will be collected during the Contest Period.
- Entries will be reviewed and winners chosen based on the following criteria:
- Clarity of the video (visual and audio)
- Content of the story submitted
- Inclusion of pet and Petcurean recipe bag in the video
- Information collected online will be stored in a secure database only accessible by Petcurean. This information will not be sold to or copied for any other 3rd party.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received before the contest deadline.
- Winner will be contacted as soon as possible after the draw by Petcurean through email.
- Winner must provide delivery address for the prize within 5 days of notification, after which prize is forfeited and becomes the property of Petcurean.
- There is no cash equivalent to any prize. All prizes must be accepted as awarded.
- Any intent by the Entrant to misrepresent themselves through the use of aliases and e-mail addresses will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an electronic entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the person whose name appears in the database.
- If an Entrant is found to be ineligible, an alternate winner will be selected from the pool of all eligible entries received.
Your personal information is collected and used by Petcurean in accordance with British Columbia’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It will be used only to administer this contest. Your information will not be sold, shared with third parties, or used for soliciting purposes.