Effective Date: June 8, 2021
PPN Limited Partnership (“Petcurean”, “us”, “we” and “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy.
What personal information do we collect from you, and why?
“Personal information” means any information that can identify you, either on its own or in combination with other information. We may collect personal information from you in connection with your use of our Site as follows:
- Interaction with our Site: We will collect certain personal information from you by virtue of your use of certain features made available on or through our Site. For example, we will collect your city or postal code when searching for available promotions on our products or retail locations where our products are sold.
- We use this information solely for the purposes for which you provided the information. For example, to the extent you provide us your city or postal code when searching for promotions or retail locations, we will only use such information to provide you this information.
- Questions and Requesting Information: When you contact us with a question or comment, we may collect certain personal information that you provide to us including your name, email, phone number and address.
- We use this personal information to respond to your question(s) or comment(s) and as otherwise consented to by you.
- Contests and Newsletters: We will collect certain personal information from you if you elect to participate in a contest we are running or if you wish to opt-in to receiving our newsletter.
- We use this information solely for the purposes for which the information was provided (i.e., promoting and administering the contest or sending you our newsletter, as applicable). Please note that all our electronic communications are sent in accordance with all applicable anti-spam laws (including Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation) and you can opt-out at any time.
- Customer Success Stories: If you submit a customer success story, we will collect your name, picture of your pet and a description of the story you would like to tell. If you would not like to be included in the picture we use to promote your success story, please do not provide a picture with you in it.
- We will use this information solely to promote the success story you have provided to us.
- Influencer Program: We will collect certain information from you if you participate in any of our influencer programs, including your name, address, email address and social media handle(s). This information will be collected through a third party platform, Aspire IQ.
- We use this information to administer our influencer program.
What other information do we collect from you, and why?
As you use our Site, we may collect other information, such as information about how you use our Site. We use this information to maintain and improve our products, services, and technologies.
Cookies: Petcurean uses “cookies” to help personalize and improve your online experience. A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded to your computer or device when you visit certain websites. Cookies allow us to identify registered users when they return to the Site and retrieve their past activity and preferences.
- measure and analyze aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our users on our Site. Information gathered may include, but is not limited to, activity of the user browser when the user is visiting the Site, the site path of users, general information regarding the visitor’s internet service provider and host, and the time users come to the Site;
- remember our users’ previous searches for products and services, and dynamically display more relevant content to them;
- record users’ behavior on our Site and through emails we send, such as pages visited, forms completed and products and services purchased to create customized advertisements and communications that better meet user needs;
- evaluate user traffic and behavior on the Site to compile activity reports for our internal use only;
- conduct research and diagnostics to improve our products and services; and
- identify users arriving at the Site via a referral from an affiliate website or sponsored link.
How can you accept or decline cookies?
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies. Please be aware that the Site is optimally designed to operate with cookies enabled in your internet browser, and disabling cookies may negatively impact your experience of the Site. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to use other interactive features of the Site that depend on cookies, but you will be able to perform basic navigation through the Site.
- Web Beacons: In addition to cookies, we may use other technologies such as single-pixel gifs (also known as web beacons) on the Site and in our promotional e-mail messages or newsletters. When you click a link on a page with a web beacon, we may record your response in order to customize our offerings to you. Web beacons allow us to measure the actions of a user opening the page that contained the web beacon. We use web beacons to help us understand how many users have visited certain pages or have opened messages or newsletters. This helps us improve your user experience and manage content on our Site.
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link.
Where do we process and store your personal information?
Some of the parties to whom we may provide your personal information may be located in jurisdictions outside of Canada. For example, some of our service providers are located in the United States. As a result, your personal information will in certain instances be used, stored and/or accessed outside Canada, including in the United States and possibly other jurisdictions. Please note that when your personal information is located outside of your jurisdiction of residence, it will be subject to the laws of the country in which it is situated and these jurisdictions may not have an equivalent level of data protection laws as those provided in Canada.
- Affiliates: We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates within the Petcurean corporate group to the extent that these affiliates require such personal information and only employees or service providers of these affiliates which require such personal information to perform their duties will have access to it.
- Service Providers: Petcurean may disclose your personal information to third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf. For example, we may hire other companies to provide data storage, assist in marketing, conduct audits, and so forth.
- Other: In the event of any acquisition or sale of Petcurean and/or its assets, we may be required to disclose your personal information to a purchasing entity. We may also transfer your personal information in the unlikely event of Petcurean’s insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information if required or permitted to do so by law.
How do we keep your personal information secure?
We take the protection of your personal information seriously. We employ a range of safeguards designed to protect personal information against loss and theft as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, and modification, including physical, organization and technological measures, commensurate with the sensitivity of your personal information. Our employees have access to your personal information only on a strict need-to-know basis, are trained in the proper handling of such information, and are required to keep such personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which it was provided.
Where we use service providers who might have access to your personal information in order to assist us in offering and administering the Site, we require them to have privacy and security standards that are comparable to ours. We use contracts and other measures with our service providers to maintain the confidentiality and security of your personal information and to prevent it from being used for any other purpose.
Please be aware that no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should also take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Keeping Your Information Updated
We do not update any personal information we collect from you unless necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or as requested by you. In the event it is necessary to update your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, we will contact you to provide such updated information. You may also contact us to update your personal information using our contact information in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Accessing Your Information and Addressing Your Privacy Concerns
Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by applicable law, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and have it rectified as required and to have any concerns you may have over our policies and practices addressed to the extent reasonable. In addition, you have the right to obtain information regarding our policies and practices with respect to our use of service providers outside Canada. To access your information, discuss your concerns or learn more about our policies and practices please see our contact information in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
How long do we retain your personal information?
We will only retain your personal information as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law. Your personal information is securely stored until such time as it is no longer required, after which it is destroyed, rendering it unable to identify you.
Can children use Petcurean?
If you are under 18, you may not use or enter information on the Site without parental consent.
How to Contact Us
If you would like to know more about our privacy practices, including our use of service providers outside your jurisdiction of residence, or if you would like to exercise certain rights under this policy (including the right to have your personal information deleted), please contact our Privacy Officer at [email protected].