Grand Prize for Each Category Winner
- 3-year supply of Petcurean cat food
- Adoption fee paid for by Petcurean, if adopted before end of 2020 (to a max of $500)
- Donation of 2,000 meals of Petcurean pet food to the winning cat’s shelter/ rescue group
- 1-year supply of Petcurean cat food
- Adoption fee paid for by Petcurean for any finalist, if adopted before the end of 2020 (to a max of $500)
- Donation of 2,000 meals of Petcurean pet food to the winning cat’s shelter/ rescue group
Yes, the contest is open to cats only. Cats of any age, shape, size, colour, temperament, health.
Any rescue group or shelter organization located in Canada or the USA can nominate a cat. All persons nominating a cat must be at least 18 years of age, unless otherwise stated or posted. By nominating a cat to the Uplift the Underdog Contest, you grant Petcurean Pet Nutrition irrevocable and unrestricted rights to use, edit and publish all or part of your cat’s nomination information for editorial, trade, advertising, social media and any other purpose including third party screening, in perpetuity.
A full copy of the contest Terms and Conditions can also be found here.
No purchase necessary. An Entrant may enter the contest up to 3 times maximum during the nomination period. The contest nomination period is from January 13th at 10:00AM to February 2nd. Your personal information is collected in accordance with British Columbia’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to administer this contest. Your information will not be sold, shared with third parties, or used for soliciting purposes. By nominating a cat to the Uplift the Underdog Contest, you grant Petcurean Pet Nutrition irrevocable and unrestricted rights to use, edit and publish all or part of your cat’s nomination information for editorial, trade, advertising, social media and any other purpose including third party screening, in perpetuity.
- No purchase necessary
- Selected Entrant must have complied with all Contest Conditions and submitted a nomination that follows the prescribed guidelines
- Petcurean reserves the right to cancel or suspend this contest should viruses, bugs, or other causes beyond their control corrupt the administration, security, or proper play of this contest
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest is corrupted or adversely affected by reason of infection of computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause beyond its control, Petcurean reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, including cancelling any method of entry.
- Petcurean may at its sole discretion amend the Contest Conditions at any time. Decisions of Petcurean are final.
- Petcurean is not responsible for lost, misdirected, misplaced, incomplete, illegible or damaged entries, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, or entries submitted after the contest deadline.
- Petcurean is not responsible for telephone, technical, network, online, electronic, computer hardware or software failures, or congestion on the corporate website, of any kind.
- No cash or other substitution or transfer of the Prize is permitted, except that Petcurean reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value. All costs and expenses not specifically included above as part of any Prize, including, without limitation, any applicable taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- All food prizes will be delivered in the form of actual Petcurean food, shipped to the winner/finalists. There is no cash equivalent to any prize. All prizes must be accepted as awarded.
- Petcurean shall not be liable to the Winning Entrant nor to any other person for loss or damage to person, property, or computer resulting from or connected with participation in this contest, downloading any materials relating to this contest, or acts or omissions of Petcurean and/or the prize supplier.
- Neither Petcurean nor its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, or assigns shall be liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of the usage of a prize by any winner. Petcurean is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with any contest promoted by Petcurean.
- Petcurean, its authorized agents and/or representatives may collect, use, and disclose the personal information provided by each entrant at the time they enter the Contest for the purposes of administering the Contest, contacting potential winners and as otherwise permitted or required by law. By entering this Contest, each entrant expressly consents to the use of his/her personal information for such purposes.
- By accepting the Prize, each winner hereby further consents to Petcurean’s use, as determined in Petcurean’s sole discretion, of the winning cat’s name, shelter/rescue residing at, city of residence, picture, biographical information, statements, and likeness for advertising and other promotional purposes, in any media or format, whether now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the Internet, at any time in perpetuity and worldwide, without further compensation or notice to any such winner.
- Petcurean reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from the Contest if Petcurean finds or reasonably believes such individual to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest and/or to be acting: (i) in violation of these Rules; (ii) in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or (iii) with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass anyone, including Petcurean and its employees. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual to automate the entry process or otherwise undermine the legitimate administration, security or operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Petcurean reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Entrants engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified and forfeit any Prizes won.
- If the winner does not respond to the notification within fifteen (15) business days, the Finalist with the next highest number of votes will be deemed the winner. Failure to respond within the time frame listed above shall mean that the provisional winner forfeits the prize.
- By submitting Materials to Petcurean, Entrants represent and warrant that the Materials do not infringe any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that Entrant have the full and unrestricted right to transfer the Materials to Petcurean free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
- Entrants acknowledge and agree that Petcurean shall have no obligation to post, display, or otherwise make publicly available any Materials submitted by Entrant.
- All persons nominating a cat must be at least 18 years of age, unless otherwise stated or posted.
- Petcurean has the right to publish the name and location of the winner without remuneration.
QUALIFIED ENTRY AND ENTRANT
- A qualified nominating entrant (Entrant) is someone who is a Canadian or US resident, aged 18 years or over. Employees of Petcurean, its subsidiaries and affiliates, as well as family and household members of same who reside at the same address are not eligible.
- Entrant and Entry must meet all Contest Conditions as outlined below. Entry and/or Entrant not meeting Contest Conditions will be disqualified and prize will be forfeited.
CONTEST VOTING PERIOD
- The Contest Period runs from when the website, Facebook and Instagram contest posts are released to the public until 6:00 pm on February 24th, or on such other date and time as posted by Petcurean.
- To enter and be eligible to win, the Entrant must complete the entry form at www.uplifttheunderdog.com
- An Entrant may enter the contest and nominate up to 3 cats maximum during the nomination period.
- An Entrant can only win one prize.
- 1 winner and the runners-up will be selected and announced on February 25th, 2020 or as soon as practical thereafter. The draw process is as follows:
- All entries will be collected during the Contest Nomination Period.
- Entries will be reviewed and 12 finalists will be chosen by Petcurean. The public will then vote for their favourite finalist for each category who will be deemed the winner(s).
- Information collected online will be stored in a secure database only accessible by Petcurean. This information will not be sold to or copied for any other 3rd party.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received before the contest deadline.
- Winner will be contacted as soon as possible after the draw by Petcurean through email.
- Winner must provide delivery address for the prize within 15 days of notification, after which prize is forfeited and becomes the property of Petcurean.
- There is no cash equivalent to any prize. All prizes must be accepted as awarded.
- Any intent by the Entrant to misrepresent themselves through the use of aliases and e-mail addresses will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an electronic entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the person whose name appears in the database.
- If an Entrant is found to be ineligible, an alternate winner will be selected from the pool of all eligible entries received.
- Your personal information is collected and used by Petcurean in accordance with British Columbia’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It will be used only to administer this contest. Your information will not be sold, shared with third parties, or used for soliciting purposes.
Email us here. Good luck to all applicants!